NMAC Club Welfare Officer
Northern Masters Athletics Club are looking to appoint a Club Welfare Officer. If you are interested in the position then please send your name and relevant experience to the secretary, Alina Stepanchuk at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 1st 2020.
The position has the following responsibilities :-
- To support the Club in building a culture where members feel welcome, safe, included and supported.
- To have a clear understanding of the UKA Safeguarding policies for Adults and the England Athletics guidance on how to establish if a concern meets the threshold for being reported on.
- To ensure there is a Club Welfare Process for managing concerns that embeds the above policies within the Club. To use this process for managing all Welfare concerns. To ensure this process is communicated to all members and that they have a clear understanding of their responsibilities for reporting concerns.
- To report any concerns of abuse to the UKA Lead Safeguarding officer, or in urgent cases requiring immediate support, the Police or social services.
- To lead on the Safe recruitment of Club personnel.
- To work with the Membership Secretary to keep an up to date record of Club members.
- To complete the England Athletics online Safeguarding in Athletics training and the 3 hour face to fac Time 2 Listen course every 3 years.
- To support the committee in reviewing club policies and procedures relating to Welfare at least every 3 years or whenever appropriate, ensuring the safety of membersis at the centre of these procedures.