What an exciting month, with so many athletes peaking the fitness for the BMAF champs at Derby.
Just by being able to compete is an achievement and you should be happy and well satisfied with your own results. Give yourself a deserve pat on the back and for representing NMAC in all competitions
The best of many records broken this month goes to the following athletes.
John Barratt broke the Triple Jump M60 record that had stood since 1987 (George Leete) by leaping 10.20 metres.
Bill Gentleman M80 hurled the Hammer nearly 8 metres further than the previous record to 27.47 metres
Anita Saunders improved the F50 Long Jump by 1cm to 4.48 which had stood since 2013.
BMAF CHAMPS – 21/22 Aug
- 1500m M50 Tony O’Brien 4:14.62
- 2000SCW M60 Chris Ireland 7:28.95
- Triple Jump M60 John Barratt 10.20
- 200m F70 Caroline Marler 35.81
- 1500m F60 Glennis Richardson 5:59.41
- Long Jump F50 Anita Saunders 4.48
- Triple Jump F60 Sue Richardson 7.86
- Shot Put F55 Wendy Laing 10.58
- Hammer M80 Bill Gentleman 27.47
- Javelin M70 Peter Todd 30.24
Other records broken in August
- 01 August
100m F70 Caroline Marler 16.98
1500m F55 Cathy Flitcroft 5:35.5
Other belated records broken this year
- 800m M50 Tony O’Brien 2:04.08
- 1 Mile M50 Tony O’Brien 4:29.08
- 3000m M45 Mick Hill 8:45.27
- 3000m M50 Tony O’Brien 8:55.89
- Long Jump F35 Nia Rutter 5.06